Thursday, May 3, 2007

Are you hungry?

If you are interested in healthy eating and cooking, as well as feeling great, there is a wonderful site you can explore that will provide you with 'unbiased scientific information about how nutrient-rich world's healthiest foods can promote vibrant health and energy and fit your personal needs and busy lifestyle'.

You'll easily navigate through a mine of information, useful tips and delicious recipes, all clearly and beautifully presented.

To reach "The World's Healthiest Foods" website, ...click here.

It is important to remember that we are not only made of what we eat, do and think but also transformed by how we eat, act and think...

Do I respect the form, color, taste and smell of the food that I prepare or eat? Do I value its presentation?

Am I grateful for the work and sacrifice that a meal represents?

Do I take the time to be really present when I eat?

Am I attentive to the needs of those who are sharing their meal with me?

Am I attentive to my mood and thoughts, or to the conversation I am sharing, while eating?

Surely we can all find many more questions to check how we honor the gift of food, the gift of being alive and having to eat...

Would you like a recipe of mine to make a vegetable soup?

Cook together 1 potatoes, 1 leek and 1 celery sticks in a stock. Liquidize. Cut 2 zucchinis in chunks and simmer in the soup until cooked but still crisp. Add some grated cheese and heat until it melts. Season to taste.

Garnish with lots of chopped fresh parsley... maybe some flaked almonds...

And enjoy!

Koka


No comments: